Golden Visa Portugal is a European residence scheme based on investment. This is one of the most successful investment immigrant programs in the world.
In this guide, you'll find an introduction to Golden Visa Portugal and how you can make your application.
Portuguese Golden Visa: Benefits
The following are some of the benefits of the Portuguese Golden Visa:
- Portugal Golden Visa residence visa will grant you the legal rights to live in Portugal: It does not imply that you must permanently relocate to Portugal though. To maintain your residence permit, you have to stay an average of 7 days every year. This is enough to keep your Portugal residency by investment.
- Schengen Area Visa-Free Travel: Portuguese Golden Visa residency permit card will allow you to travel freely across the Schengen Area without the need for a separate visa. The card will work in the same way as a Schengen visa would. This is a huge bonus for non-EU citizens.
- Tax Benefits: Portugal offers some appealing tax advantages. To begin with, Portugal does not tax the foreign revenue earned outside of the country; authorities only worry about the money earned within the country. Furthermore, if you want to be a tax resident in Portugal, Portuguese offers a program known as non Residency (NHR), which can exclude you from various taxation for 10 years.
- Golden Visa Program Is Legitimate: The program complies with the European Union's immigration laws. The Portuguese Golden Visa residence scheme is not banned by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, unlike all other residency and citizenship by investment programs.
- Portugal is not requesting investors to pay money in return for a resident visa: They openly present a variety of real-world investment options that can result in a Golden Visa in the nation. In this sense, you will be able to put your money in a developing economy and get a leading indicator while also receiving the residence as a reward.
Eligibility & Requirements for a Golden Visa in Portugal
You must meet the following requirements in order to apply for a Portugal Golden Visa:
- Make a qualified investment in Portugal
- Be from a citizen from a country excluding non-EU, EEA, or Switzerland
- Being above the age of eighteen (for the main candidate)
- Have a clean criminal background
- Bring finances from outside of Portugal
Investment Types for the Portuguese Golden Visa
To apply for Portugal residency by investment, you must make one of the following types of investments.
1. Real Estate Investment: Most Popular Choice for Portugal Golden Visa
It is the most often used approach. This option has a variety of alternatives.
Real Estate Investment of €500,000
In Portugal, you need to spend at least €500,000 on real estate. It might be any sort of property, at any location other than Lisbon, Porto, or the coastline. If you want to invest in these locations, you'll have to buy a commercial property. This is one of the most common options to get Portugal Golden Visa.
€350,000 rehabilitated real estate option
It is also a popular path. The Portuguese government invites foreign investors to participate in this choice by contributing to the repair of existing real estate buildings.
The property must be older than 30 years old or located in an urban restoration region. After then, the property must be restored. The entire cost of the acquisition price plus the rehabilitation costs must be at least €350,000.
Real Estate in Low-Density Areas for €280,000 or €400,000
The lowest investment is decreased by a further 20% if the subject property is located in a low-density region.
- As a result, the minimum need for the €500,000 real estate option is €400,000.
- The minimum need for the €350,000 real estate rehabilitation option is €280,000.
2. Invest in a Portuguese Fund
A minimum investment of €500,000 in a qualified Portuguese investment fund is required. The fund must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the Golden Visa Portugal.
3. Creation of Company
In a Portuguese company, 10 new jobs are created. The roles must be brand new and full-time. The corporation must be a limited liability company with a single proprietor. One owner, as well as her family members, will be eligible for the visa.
This is a common choice among individuals who want to establish a business or a tech enterprise. Many entrepreneurs select Lisbon as the location for their new businesses because of its vibrant culture and skilled workforce, as well as the fact that it is one of Europe's most affordable capitals.
4. Transfer of Capital
A capital transaction of at least €1.5 million to Portugal or a Portuguese company
5. Investment in Scientific and Technological Research
A minimum of €500,000 in technical or scientific study is required. A recognized national institution in Portugal must perform the research.
6. Investing in the Arts and National Heritage
A minimum of €250,000 will be invested towards the preservation of Portugal's national history, arts, and culture.
Now that you're familiar with Golden Visa Portugal, start your journey today and get your residence permit quickly.